Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Year, A New Me!

Today is my blog is going to be about my New Years Resolutions. My goals are: to be a better friend, to be a healthier person, and to be other-centered.


Being a healthy person changes so much about you. You look better and feel better. Working out and eating right is all about being healthy. I have started to work out four times a week with my mom at the gym. Instead of having dessert everyday I have it once a week. My mom joined Weight Watchers which is teaching me how to eat right also. I feel accomplished and proud of myself.


I want to be a better friend because I know that I have very dear friends who I wouldn't want to lose. I know I can be bossy and I will change by being aware of how much I am. If my friend wants to do something her/his way I won’t question them all the time. For example, when I am around younger kids I tend to be very bossy but, instead I will let their parents tell them what to do. I also want to be a more understanding because when my friends tell me something that is weird to me, I judge them. I will think before I speak instead.

The last goal I want to achieve is working on how I can be other-centered. Sometimes I pay too much attention to my looks and I forget that there are things that are more important. I have decided to do more community service because when my community is beautiful I am beautiful. I'm going to do it even when I don’t want to do it because I am committing to my community. That’s what matters right now.

I have already started to archive my goals except for the last one because I haven’t found someplace where I could do it but, I still help my mom at work so I am still doing some type of service. I hope I get to complete all my goals . What are your goals for this year?

6 comments:

  1. "When my community is beautiful, I am beautiful." Now that's just sublime. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my darling Lil' Nisa are a bright and shining light. I'm sure you will complete your goals ten fold my little sister.

    Continue to keep an open heart and HE will continue to fill it with HIS love and favor.

    Please keep shining so others may see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have a goal to not be grumpy at work which is your regular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nisa I love this blog and I love working out with you! Ignore that annoying Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - as are you, inside, outside and all around. You will do it. love....laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. It says a lot that you recognize the benefit of being a good friend and being other-focused. Recognize it is also healthy to expect a reasonable amount of reciprocity.
    Love & Miss You,
    Uncle Warren

    ReplyDelete