Friday, March 12, 2010

Lately many things have bothered me, but what I am writing about today has especially bothered me. Many of my friends put themselves down, talk about how they wish they looked like a famous person, and how they don’t love themselves.

This bothers me because I hear too often about how they don’t like themselves. I feel like people should always appreciate themselves. Too many of us girls talk about how we could get a nose job or get weaves just like Mariah Carey or Beyonce. Many girls say this because that’s what’s put out into the world.

Our everyday singers, actresses and models have long weaves. Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Naomi Campbell, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj are who we look at and say “I wanna look like her”. My mother told me that girls used to think about the good they could do for the community, not how “good” they should look, but this was long before videos.

Real beauty is what makes a person. Kindness, friendship, hard work, passion and faith is what makes everyone have real beauty. If you have faith in yourself everyone will have faith in you. Kindness is the key to friendship. Hard work is what you need to do anything. Anybody who wants to be a painter, teacher, veterinarian or poet, has to work hard and have passion. Passion is what makes you to be a better person. A better person is a more beautiful person.


3 comments:

  1. Amen! Good post. Keep it up. Another famous writer in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisa I will do the same as you because it does not matter what I look like I am beautiful just the way I am. My mother let me type this. My name is Imaara and I am six!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise words young lady! I read a quote the other day that said "kindness is more important that wisdom. The point when you realize that is the beginning of wisdom." It warms my heart to know you are already gaining such valuable & useful wisdom. If you stay appropriately focused and practice the wisdom you are learning, your life will be so much brighter & blessed. Keep up the good work!
    Love,
    Uncle Warren

    ReplyDelete