Friday, October 1, 2010

All Life Matters!

Hi it’s me and I’m back blogging again! I’ve been away for the summer doing many fun things. I traveled around the country visiting different cities, and went to my New Afrikan Scouts camp in Mississippi. I hope you had a wonderful summer just like I did.

But what I want to talk to you about right now is something that came up when I was recently with my mom’s friend. She told us about how people who live near the Brooklyn college she attends, torture cats. She’s seen cats with their legs purposely broken just laying there and crying. That’s horrible! I am an animal lover and a lover of all life so this really concerns and hurts me.

People shouldn’t be harming any living thing. It worries me because killing any type of animal can lead to its extinction or endangerment. This has happened to a lot of fish in places where humans over-fish. And if you are a kid hurting animals, I’ve read where it can lead to you being a killer as you get older. Kids who torture animals become less sensitive to suffering, which makes it easier for them to kill as adults. This is a big problem that we need to solve.

My big question is: why somebody would hurt animals in the first place? I think it’s because people want to feel powerful as if they need to control something. Little cats and dogs are easier to control then somebody older than you (or even a very big animal like a lion). This is just being a bully and bullying is always wrong. If you’re a kid, it might also be because you have felt peer pressure from a friend. Either way it is wrong and we need to do something about it.

Here it what we can do about it. If you see someone hurt an animal, do something about it. Tell your parents or tell them to stop. Get help. Don’t just watch it or ignore it. Also, you can get a parent or friend to help you join a group where people are trained in fighting animal cruelty. Whatever you decide, stand up to bullying wherever you see it!

4 comments:

  1. Nisa

    I've always enjoyed your blogs :) I especially dig this one because it's so timely. Bullying is becoming a very serious issue....and I appreciate you being sensitive enough to speak out for beings that cannot speak out for themselves.

    Jah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read your writing. Really appreciated your message. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nisa,
    I'm glad you had a good summer experience & that you're blogging again! Unfortunately, incidences of people harming animals seem to increase around Haloween time. It is a bad and serious matter when people harm animals because of mis-directed emotional issues. I hope your message leads to a solution. Keep up the good work sweetie. I miss you!
    With Love,
    Uncle Warren

    ReplyDelete